We would recommend that you continue implement points 1, 6 and 7 from your Pre-Cleansing phase while on detox. You may also wish to follow additional steps while being on detox:
1. Stay hydrated: Being hydrated with water/herbal tea between juices is a must. This will also ease the dreaded "coffee withdrawal headache".
2. Dry brushing: Do dry brushing before your bath, shower and exercise as lymphatic massage helps to stimulate metabolism and detoxify your body.
3. Sauna, steam rooms: Both assist your body in mobilising stored fat, which becomes water soluble around 42 degrees and then expelled from your body via sweat.
4. Exercise: Do more intense detoxifying exercises daily prior to your detox: jogging, swimming, yoga. The whole-body exercise is great for eliminating toxins even without embarking on any detox plan.
5. Contrast Shower: Alternate between hot and cold water. Higher temperature dilates the vessels and encourages the flow of lymph and blood. As the result, toxins can be eliminated in areas where the circulation of these fluids had been sluggish. The sharper the contrast between the hot and the cold water the better the effects will be.
6. Body massage: make your masseuse aware of your cleansing programme so that she could massage the area of the liver helping the cleansing effect. Head massage is also very beneficial to the detox process.
7. Hot bath: Have a warm to hot bath with some Epsom Bath Salt in the evening. It is used to remove toxins from the body, reduce swelling and improve skin structure, relieve muscles pain, ease stress and for general body relaxation.
8. Juice before bedtime: Finish the last juice two hours before bedtime as it allows your digestive tract proper rest.